Friday, May 6, 2011

Ender's Game

For those of you have not yet discovered the joys of Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Game", now is the perfect time to begin experiencing it.  Back in 1992, a user logged on to a BBS that I was operating called "Beneath The Ruins", and while in chat mode, I asked him about his curious handle which was "Endyr".  He said that it was based on a book he read called "Ender's Game", and that he changed the second "e" to a "y" in Ender to make it look cooler.  He was right, it does look "way cool"!  It was so cool that I adopted it as my handle.  I read the book, and it has become my perennial favorite to this day.  Card has written the perfect book about about childhood.  I have read it about one-hundred times, it is that good.  I won't even begin to describe the plot.  I don't want to spoil it for you, but it is a must read.  Safe journeys to all the fans of Endyr's Toy Box, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment